From the day I heard the "Elvis In Person" record for the first time when I was a kid I have always enjoyed the live recordings with Elvis from 1969. He’s so full of energy, sings fantastic with much of that raw 68-voice still present
and clowns around quite a bit (maybe too much at times).
Even the old songs sound great, like "Blue Suede Shoes" and "Hound Dog". And the monologue is always funny to listen to ("I did loving you, loving her and loving everybody I could get my hands on at the time", for example).
I also like the fact that FTD will release Elvis: White Knight In Vegas in their classic album format, as a 7" digipack with an accompanying 12 page booklet. The August 26 Dinner Show marks the sixth complete concert from the 1969 Las Vegas engagement released officially so far, the other five being:
- August 21 (Viva Las Vegas 2 CD set. "Dinner or Midnight show?")
- August 22, Dinner Show (FTD Elvis In Person, disc 2)
- August 23, Midnight Show (FTD Elvis At The International)
- August 24, Dinner Show (Live In Las Vegas box set)
- August 26, Midnight Show (FTD Elvis All Shook Up)
Just keep the '69 shows coming until there are no more of them left in the vaults, FTD! (That goes for the August 1970 shows, too!)